The JX Fund supports independent media in exile quickly and unbureaucratically in continuing their work after fleeing war and crisis zones. The goal is to strengthen the media in the long term, beyond current phases of attention. The focus is on helping to build sustainable editorial structures in exile so that the media can continue to reach and inform audiences in their home countries.
The JX Fund is an international platform and hub for journalism in exile. We monitor the global challenges and successes of media in exile, inform about our own projects as well about international support offers, and provide an overview on current developments in the field of exile journalism.
The goal of all communicative measures is to raise awareness of the needs and impact of media in exile and to provide information to the exiled media themselves.
The development of an online information platform on journalism in exile is planned by the end of 2024. In addition, the establishment and expansion of further communication channels on social media platforms is targeted.
For the further development of the communication department, the JX Fund is looking for a press officer to start at the earliest date possible.
- Type of employment: Permanent or freelance;
- Scope: Part-time or full-time, min. 50%;
- Duration: Start at the earliest possible date; contract term initially one year, extension is planned;
- Salary: Based on TVöD 12;
- Location: Berlin (desired).
- Letter of application;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Relevant references and certificates;
- Work samples;
- Two contacts of reference persons.
- Establishment and expansion of press relations:
- Inquiry handling;
- Preparation and follow-up of interviews and background discussions;
- Maintenance of the contact database;
- Establishment of an international press distribution list;
- Establishing and maintaining international press and media contacts.
- Support in the development of social media channels:
- Identification of suitable channels;
- Creation of a content strategy;
- Creation of suitable content;
- Community management.
- Support in the development and expansion of the website:
- Research, curation & preparation of current relevant content on the subject area of exile journalism;
- Content upload to the CMS (WordPress);
- Supporting further conceptual development in close coordination with an external communications agency.
- After induction, independent identification of topics, tasks and opportunities for expansion and strengthening of all communicative measures.
- Completed university studies or comparable training;
- At least 4 years of work as a journalist or experience in press and/or public relations;
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English;
- Affinity for the topics of freedom of the press and exile journalism;
- Sensitivity to the threats and traumas to which journalists in war and crisis regions and in exile may be exposed.
- Experience working with NGOs or other civil society associations;
- Experience in social media and community management;
- Structured and independent approach to work;
- Ability to work with attention to detail and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Experience with international and virtual collaboration.
IT ALL SOUNDS INTERESTING TO YOU?
Then we look forward to receiving your detailed application by September 29, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.